15 Jul Information regarding your upcoming appointment
Please call us immediately if you answer YES to any of the following questions
- Have you had contact with a positive case within the last 2 weeks?
- Are you awaiting test results?
- Have you been to a designated Victorian hotspot?
- Do you have symptoms of COVID-19 (including loss of smell, loss of taste, sore throat, cough, shortness of breath, mild gastro like symptoms, conjunctivitis, feeling ill)?
You’re welcome to bring to your appointment your own 3.5mm jack headphones if you wish to enjoy our Neflix or Kayo Sports entertainment, or headphones for your personal audio device.
We are looking forward to helping you. The Smile Team has always taken pride in our high infection control regimen and will always utilise standards precautions along with A.H.P.R.A. sterilisation protocols to protect each patient. Keeping patients safe is something we’re very familiar with. We use barriers to cover direct contact surfaces which are changed between each patient and disinfect all surfaces between each and every patient. All clinical team members wash their hands or use sanitizer before and after every patient we see. In addition to these normal procedures, we are carrying out enhanced deep cleaning and disinfecting our patient lounge throughout the day as a part of our COVID Safe Plan.
A summary of additional steps taken by The Smile Team
Prior to appointment
- Patients are encouraged to attend with only themselves and a carer if required, and for siblings to stay at home
- Unnecessary items have been removed from the patient lounge including toys and magazines
- Seating has been adjusted to ensure social distancing of at least 1.5 meters between seats where possible
- Surfaces are regularly wiped down, including door handles, desks, phones, computer surfaces
- Please check-in via QR code
- All patients and team members will be temperature tested
- Additional hand sanitisers will be made available throughout the practice
- 6 Air Purifiers with HEPA filters have been installed throughout the practice, rated by Philips to remove 99.9% of viruses
- Patients will receive a 30 second antiviral pre treatment mouth rinse
- Treatment alternatives to minimise aerosol creation will be used where possible
As a part of the additional precautions, we will not shake hands with you or high five your kids like we have in the past, even though we really want to. We also remind everyone that if you are experiencing symptoms of illness, or have in the past week or two, to please call and reschedule your appointment to prevent spreading illness to others. For additional information please visit; https://www.health.gov.au/
Thank you for being a valued part of our The Smile Team community, and for giving us the opportunity to assist with your dental and general health. We remain dedicated and committed to the safety and well-being of you and your loved ones.